Friday, November 27, 2009

Week 1 Assignment - Part 2

After taking the SETDA Teacher Survey and the Techonology Application Inventory, they both showed me what I already knew.... that I am in great need of help when it comes to the use of technology in my classroom. First, my school is in the process of getting us (teachers updated equipment) that will help. My strengths in technology is that I love to learn and try things. My weaknesses are that I am only proficient as some basic skills such as word documents, spreadsheet, publisher, etc... I know the reason I don't incorporate more is that I feel that there is not enough time in the day to do what I need to do much less muddle my way through adding technology. If I don't make the project clear to my students, then has it truly benefited them? I wish that my campus/district gave more development in learning some ways to use technology in our lessons. Many times I just don't know how to integrate more technology based ideas in my plans.
My favorite staff development was Kilgo training. It was such an eye opening time for me as a teacher and it transformed the way I plan and teach. Saying that, that same process is how I need to attack the technology TEKS which I hate to say that I do not know. I need to look at the verb in the TEK and know what my 4th graders should be doing before they leave me and not rely on the computer class that they attend once a week to do all of the work.
While, yes these assessments didn't tell me anything knew, yet what they did do was light a fire to get me to start somewhere--- learning my technology TEKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment