Friday, July 23, 2010

Purpose/Significance of Action Research Study - wk 2(from discussion board)

The purpose of my proposed action research study is to understand why teachers leave schools and/or the profession all together. My first thought would be teachers leave because of negative school climate but I want to know if there are other major reasons as well and look at data from schools that have high retention rates for teachers.
The significance of my proposed action study, I believe will benefit everyone in a school community because if teachers are happy and want to stay then that provides consistency for students who will be more successful. As a future note, I believe this research will help me gain insight on how I want to develop and keep a climate in the school that I lead to be where teachers, students, and parents want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment